Fuji-X Photographer Nathan Elson is a professional portrait photographer based in Calgary, Canada.
Not much is known about this master picture taker other than he was a Saskatchewanian for the first 25 years of his life, is a walking furnace due to the fact that his body heat can heat a small room, is a husband of one and a father of two and has a neighbour who referred to him as a photograph as opposed to a photographer suggesting that he had never known a photograph before.
Here is Nathan's Expert 53.
1. What genre of photography do you specialise in?
- I'm a portrait photographer that works in the corporate and commercial fields.
2. Why do you like using the xF35mm lenses?
- The 50mm equivalent is my favourite focal length, and my most used focal length for the majority of my work.
3. What do you like photographing the best with your xF35mm lens/lenses?
- Environmental portraits.
4. Do you shoot professionally with the xF35mm lenses?
- I shoot both paid work and personal work with the XF35mm.
5. Fuji xF35mm f/1.4 or Fuji xF35 f/2? Why your choice?
- I had the XF35mm f/1.4 but ended up selling it when I got the XF35mm f/2. I found the f/2 to focus much smoother and just feel like a better built lens, and being that I shot the f/1.4 at f/2 most of the time anyways, I wasn't losing anything buy forfeiting the one stop.
6. How often do you reach for your xF35mm lens/lenses?
- I use the XF35mm for 90% of my work with the Fuji.
7. Could you live with just an XF35mm lens in your photography bag?
- Yep. If I had to pick only one lens, the XF35 would be it.
8. Do you like to use available light or studio light with your xF35mm lens/lenses?
- I use both, depending on the shoot.
9. What Fuji-X camera body do you prefer to use the xF35mm lenses on? Why your choice?
- I originally used the X-Pro1, and now the X-Pro2. In my opinion the X-Pro bodies are the best feeling camera bodies that Fuji is currently making.
10.Do you have any favourite photographs using the xF35mm lenses?
- See my attached photos.
11.Finish this line: The Fuji xF35mm lenses are…
- crazy sharp.